Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the group today. I bought a GL500I a couple of weeks ago. I have always wanted one since I first saw them back in 1982.

I am retired and living in the country (SW Wisconsin). Out here you can ride. I used to live in the Chicago land area. Biking there was getting dangerous. I started at 13 on a Whizzer and have had 14 motorcycles. I worked as a motorcycle mechanic back in the mid-60's to pay for college.

I look forward to the group. Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays)to all.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I hope we see you at the Slimey Crud Run in the spring and at the Minneapolis ride.

There are also a couple of good rallies near you in the spring.

Look around and you will see there are a fair number of Wisconsin members here, as well as MN people that aren't far from you.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Don't be a stranger, we enjoy stories even if they aren't problem related. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where in the Chicagoland area?

Welcome in, post often and have fun!

I used to live in Wilmette, IL. In the mid 60's I worked at Honda Intercon Motors in Evanston and then Champion Cycle in Chicago on Western and Addison. I was friends with Ace at Ace cycle.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Welcome to the group, hows the weather out there right now? Also, post up a picture when you can.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I just joined the group today. I bought a GL500I a couple of weeks ago. I have always wanted one since I first saw them back in 1982.

I am retired and living in the country (SW Wisconsin). Out here you can ride. I used to live in the Chicago land area. Biking there was getting dangerous. I started at 13 on a Whizzer and have had 14 motorcycles. I worked as a motorcycle mechanic back in the mid-60's to pay for college.

I look forward to the group. Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays)to all.

jh, it sounds like you are somewhere, not too far behind me in age! I graduated from college in 62! I tried once to remember all the bikes I have owned over the years, I think between 14 and 18, can't count my brothers bikes, only got to ride those!

Sharing the state Of Wisconsin with David is going to be tough for you, he takes up a lot of room! However, he is a great GL/CX guru! Maybe you can talk him into coming along on your first rally with this group, the Mountain Momma rally in Marlinton, WV the second weekend in June 2011!

Welcome to the board, may you have a Merry Christmas and the happiest of riding New Years!

Gene

1 - 10 of 10 Posts