Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1981 CX500 B
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Martin from Sweden here, been reading the forum for quite sometime now.

Bought my CX500 couple years ago. Done the regular maintenance but now I need to go deep and do the bypass along with anything else that comes along as I open the engine.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Welcome...
if doing the triple by-pass....make it the full "cardiologist" quad. (include the starter clutch springs/rollers.)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Springs are a cheap insurance if you're in there. plus very easy to do.
But then rabbit hole goes deeper, if doing the springs might as well do the rollers. All this to replace parts that are perfectly serviceable? I say just replace what’s needed but the suppliers don’t mind the mindset of “might as well replace everything since I’m already in there, easier now than later”.

·
Registered
1981 CX500 B
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Springs will be replaced as well, o-rings ”everywhere”, clutchplates and springs, new impeller as the teeth are worned down, G8 stator, RAESAN ignition and the other things included in the bypass.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Springs will be replaced as well, o-rings ”everywhere”, clutchplates and springs, new impeller as the teeth are worned down, G8 stator, RAESAN ignition and the other things included in the bypass.
Did you source a NOS impeller or the reproduction one from Ralf (here on the forum)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts