Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! My names Micaiah foster and I have had my CX for just under a year. Super stoked to be a part of this forum and take in the wisdom many of you have to share (or to keep to yourself, that's fine too:p)

Here's my cycle fully clothed and then naked (as she sits now)

Here's my ice breaker question. I found this funny little green and red wit that runs down the rear of the motor, pined under the stator cover and attached (well, should be) to a bolt in the underbelly of the machine shown in the 3rd picture.
-so what does that wire do, and should I take any special cautions when removing that gold bolt and repair the broken linkage?

All insight, criticism, rebuke, reprimands, and compliments are welcome!

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Arkansas:cool:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I like what you did with the pearl paint and decals. Nice cleanup job too. Also like those engine guards. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like what you did with the pearl paint and decals. Nice cleanup job too. Also like those engine guards. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks Thumper! She is much dirtier now than I would prefer but winter is coming soon so I can clean her up! Just waiting on whether or not I should make this pearl into a cafe or not...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Nice- good job, welcome to the forums. Sounds like you have a little experience and that's great- and you've got a wonderful attitude and that's great too!

Anyhow- back to work: 1)Somewhere on the Forums is the Factory Service Manual- you can download it for free. 2)With all the work you've done to it, can we assume you have acquired a copy of the Haynes or Clymers repair manual? 3)These are old bikes- can we assume you've checked the date code's on the tires to make sure they're safe? (I know I know I know- I'm sorry if I sound like a mother hen and I apologize if it seems silly- but it might save someones life) 4)If in doubt, do an oil change.

Keep us posted- I really like your paint scheme. The more I look at it, the more I'm thinking "HImmmmm,,,that looks doable,,,,,,"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trailltrader,

Thanks for the encouragement! Very little experience, but I am planning on that changing over the next few seasons.

Thanks for the tip on the service manual! Yes, I have acquired a Haynes repair manual- it was my first purchase after I got the bike. One of the reasons I began pulling stuff off was because I am in need of new tires-specifically rear ones. And no apology necessary, I'm grateful for those who are willing to advise even if it seems redundant because it in those where the wisdom lies. And oil change is on the list, coolant flush possibly but it does have the proper green fluid so maybe just a change.

Yea, the longer I keep it the more I may just use the same scheme when I add to it

·
Registered
267 Posts
Like the Pearl White paint - nicely done!

Dave

Reactions: Micaiah

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, I have the rubber hood. I just removed it for the picture. And I think I will do that! Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts