Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my turn signals with mini led's in the back, and bar end led's up front. They turn on but will not blink. I understand that they may not be drawing enough power to engage the flasher. Can someone point me to a product that will make these work?

Thanks,

Ruston

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I just took my old flasher to the auto supply and matched it for size and pins with an electronic one. It was a hair smaller in diameter so I gave it a couple wraps of electrical tape to make it snug in the little rubber holder. Worked great and cost about $10 if I recall.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Or you can do what I did and get a solid state flasher module, which will work with a regular bulb OR led. I went to superbrightled.com for all the leds and flasher.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mine dont work unless bike is actually running and im to at least 1500rpms .... i know my stator is shot tho and ignitech is on the way might make a difference having that

·
Registered
34 Posts
Using an inline resistor largely defeats the purpose of running LED's in the first place. Swapping to a digital flasher relay is a far better solution.

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
mine dont work unless bike is actually running and im to at least 1500rpms .... i know my stator is shot tho and ignitech is on the way might make a difference having that

Isn't going to help a failed stator that isn't charging the battery.
takes power directly from the battery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.