Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bring it home on is power ...200 km almost freezing here...
i only notice neck bearing loose, sloppy fork and poor braking !! but all the rest is number one.
can't wait to star disasemble it !! IMG_8949.JPG

·
Registered
443 Posts
Bonjour! From Ontario!
We'll look forward to your pictures and progress on your new build. Welcome to the forum.

John

·
Registered
371 Posts
Bonjour, from B.C.,mpstudioplus! A very nice bike! Crummy front brakes seem to be pretty common on these bikes-( I'm not the guy that can help here!)
I'm with murray on this-it would be a shame to chop that up....I hope you have merely mis-posted to the customisation thread...sigh not that I hate mods but on this bike...well! That looks to be a new seatcover!
If you do have uncontrollable urges, see what you can do with just a wrench. No Cutting-argh.. Swap the bars and unbolt the rack...stuff like that.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I dunno, murray..I mean, I know there are lots of these around but at least around here, they often have flaky chrome and rusted tanks that don't show on Craigslist pix.

This one looks pretty good.

·
Registered
24,319 Posts
i hear you trundler but the reality is the cx is not a bike that is going up tremendously in value stock if in fact it is gaining value at all it is modded

so what are we telling a new owner dont use something he bought for a purpose ???? why so he can have an investment?

and while they are still plentiful it is better for all of us they they are running and being enjoyed in any form

and right now they are have a resurgence due to the modding crowd

i hear people comment on nice ones all the time when

i see a really exceptional one i go buy it that way i can put it away

if the purists really want to protect these buy them up instead of telling others

or offer to swap a lesser bike for it

or even offer to help someone to find a lesser bike and a owner who wants a mint original

but at the end of the day no one would want to pay up for it plus the shipping

and the reason i say that is these bike are found non running and not gone thru so no one wants to pay money plus shipping

so it a circle that goes no where and they have a low retail ceiling price

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
And on occasion, they move from one garage to another with nothing more than a hug and some chow.

GLMagic2.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just traded for a cx 500 d lux. Not sure what to do with it! Some monkey painted all the bodywork flat black and put a skull gas cap on it! ; (

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well, clearly there is only one thing left to do: take it further. Burn the body panels black with a flamethrower and put a real skull on it. That'll show 'em who's metal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts