Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 79 cx500 custom for $200. It's in ok shape and with a little TLC she should be Lookin good. I put some fuel in the tank and a couple cranks and she fired right up. But obviously the floats are stuck cause she pissin gas out of the overflow tubes and exhaust. I really don't want to pull apart the carbs since I haven't done that in a while. Can I plug the overflow tubes and fill the bowls with seafoam? Or would I just be waistin my time. Ive got a 81 gl1100 as well but have never had a carb problem.

Here's my GL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$200 Nice deal , looks like the previous owner drilled the front brake rotor. Does it have the stock single pot caliper or did he upgrade that too?

Yea it's got the stock caliper. But that disc looks good. I have a dual piston caliper that's layin around. It bolts up fine to my GL but only have the one. Maybe I'll see if it will fit the CX. I don't know what it came off of but it says Honda on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.