Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I got a buddy that has a 79 CX500custom that is in the way. He's gonna sell to me for cheap. The carbs need a rebuild and some new tires. It's got 10k miles on the odometer. I'm not new to bikes but dont know much about these engines. Anything I should look out for?

Ive got a 81 Gl1100 standard that I've had for a while. Here's a pict.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Naked Gold Wings are my favorite, especially the early ones, as I recall when they first roamed the earth. I like the looks of yours. Welcome aboard. You will find lots about the CX on here. When you get a chance, update your profile so we can tell where you are from. Good luck on the new addition.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome! You have the same bike as was my intro to the wonderful world of CX's! Loved it so much I myself bought another one just recently! Lots of priceless knowledge here... and willingly shared!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the CX/GL500 forum. In comparison to your Goldwing, a CX500 is about one tenth as complicated and twice as reliable. Parts are readily available. FYI, I've owned four CX/GL500's and also currently own a '76 Goldwing.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Welcome!

That is a great looking 1100. I have an '81 1100 Interstate that I am not sure what I will do with when I get around to starting it's restoration next year. I have considered converting it to naked, and seeing a pic of yours is a good incentive to do just that!

As far as your CX is concerned, make you review the Quick Reference post that is pinned at the top of this General Discussion forum, lots of good info there.

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.