Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

ok newest roadbumb for me as everything been good. has anyone ever changed there own front tire and vavle stem. i will pass inspection after this is accomplished. dealer wants 160.00 to replace front tire and 2 valve stems minus price of 100.00 tire. now at jc whitney i found a tire that fits called a kenda for 50.00 and they are doing a deal on shipping so any advice or should i just go with the dealer and dish out 300 bucks thanks payed foreward

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
JC Witney was very good to me when I bought my tires, and the year no questions asked warranty is peace of mind.

If you take the rim off the bike yourself, you should not be spending more than 50 to have the old tire removed, new put on, balanced and new stems. I called around to find the best price of $30.00 You may have to tell them that you want a new stem, as they did not replace my back one. Maybe even cut the old stem so that they don't charge you for something they really didn't replace.

·
Registered
169 Posts
As for the Kenda tire from JC Whitney, they seem to be good tires. I just put a set on my GL, and am getting ready to put a set on the other GL.

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
I agree that calling around to local bike shops for off bike tire changes would be the best thing. Get the Kenda, as they have a good rep, so does JCW. Take your wheel in and it should cost no more than $25 or $30 bucks for them to do it right.

There are some youtube videos showing how to do it yourself, if you're comfortable doing it.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I agree that calling around to local bike shops for off bike tire changes would be the best thing. Get the Kenda, as they have a good rep, so does JCW. Take your wheel in and it should cost no more than $25 or $30 bucks for them to do it right.

There are some youtube videos showing how to do it yourself, if you're comfortable doing it.
agree with Ramp,also for 1 dime buy a bit of tape,mark on the wheel and direction on the tyre so the fitter can match them up

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool guys thank you for all the advice i will be ordering the tire from jc whitney and will be shopping around for the mounting prices. even if i dont have them do it i can show reciepts on fixing it so they can give me my sticker considering i had to pay for it then

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
hey jay if you want to spend 160 on a tire you can buy me a front......hell if you were local i would mount the tire for ya hell in a month or 2 i am going to have to replace my front tire but its rather easy to do your own tires and it saves money i would go with the jcw tire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.