Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a different set of forks for my 78 cx500 that are a little more high performance than the little flimsy ones that are on there now (I weigh 200lbs). Do you guys have anything that you know of that bolts right on. I have a great motorcycle salvage yard here in Orlando that I can get almost anything I want from so Ive been looking for something that I can just yank the trees and everything right off the bike. They have a lot of old hondas but some newer stuff too. Thanks guys

-photocodo

·
Registered
217 Posts
try gsxr 2005-08 model forks but on mine i have a speed triple forks and that is fit with no mods on

here without the wheel without rim to see the spasers among the disks to fit on calipers

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
try gsxr 2005-08 model forks but on mine i have a speed triple forks and that is fit with no mods on

here without the wheel without rim to see the spasers among the disks to fit on calipers

Man, those triples look GOOOOD! Where did you pick them up? What would I expect to pay for something like that?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
panther you are right about the lenght but this model of speed triple 1050 of 2008 year is fit just fine on and the only issue is the bearings up and bottom,so as for the forks oil i was lucky because the guy who give it to me has done the full service and change all the stuffs inside the forks putting other news kit from W.P company (***********) and it becames very stiff and stable,im very glad for this buy,angle is perfect and the forks is 1cm lower than the cxs forks so the angle is just fine the bike has became more "turning"and has got a sharpness turning,with other talks is just finebut the price is a little bit ouch 700 euro but is worthing for me,thank you all,

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I assume that you drained out the ATF from your forks and put heavier weight oil in thenm. In your case, I would start with 20 weight.
Im actually getting some new fork oil tomorrow to stiffen it up, but I just love the way those forks look on the cx. Im planning a cafe racer conversion so this is down the road and the 20wt will get me through till then.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm about to try a 91 Honda CBR F2 front end. I've been led to believe pretty much bolt on. FYI they are 41 mm vs the CX 33 so much beefier! And dual discs.
Let me know how that goes, Im looking at different options right now and most of the gsxr front ends are in the $400-$600 range so something a little cheaper would be great, but I think its worth the money.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Im looking for a different set of forks for my 78 cx500 that are a little more high performance than the little flimsy ones that are on there now (I weigh 200lbs). Do you guys have anything that you know of that bolts right on. I have a great motorcycle salvage yard here in Orlando that I can get almost anything I want from so Ive been looking for something that I can just yank the trees and everything right off the bike. They have a lot of old hondas but some newer stuff too. Thanks guys

-photocodo
F2-F4 forks will fit with tapered bearings from All Balls. The frame fork stop needs to be trimmed. The F4 is the best of the lot. That is the easy part. Fitting the stock wheel gets a tad messy. You need new bearings and a spacer to fit the axle and disk. Also needed are the spacers to center the wheel. A new caliper is nice and the F4 will bolt right on to this setup. I used the same setup and it is great. Just finished a 600rr conversion for the CX but it is harder to do and not significabtly better IMO. I stick with the Honda as the parts are plentifull and cheap. I have the bearing sizes and the dimensions for all of the parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.