Honda CX 500 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Gamache, sorry you didn't make it, I remember a long rainy ride with you returning from a PA Rally more than a couple of years ago! Back to Brookfield this year though . . . Steve's bedsheet movie nights (3) kept us occupied late evenings (we watched The Fastest Indian twice, with kettle popcorn all nights), Brkfsts and dinners were belly filling, the departure brkfst Sunday morning included Bill's local maple syrup, pancakes, fried eggs, venision sausage (thanks Steve), pork sausage, ham and hashbrown potatos. The super arctic cooler on the back porch started the event filled with 100 lbs of ice cubes which lasted all 4 days. A month old battery failed during Fridays ride, but got replaced and the that GL500 made the trip back to the cabin and next days ride fine. We rode about 300 miles of zoom zoom in verdant Vermont in those two days. We helped HayMaker Bill load his 75 or so haybales Saturday early evening, that was different than your usual MC Rally. Plenty of up hill, down hill, swoops and sweeps most of the time. Room Property Building House Ceiling Event Meal Room Lunch Fun Tree Leisure Recreation Shed Vacation

Reactions: OCR

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
A few things were left behind, PM or email me if anything is yours. The black sweat pants have already been claimed. The remaining items are a black and yellow rain suit, 2 pc, two bungee cords and a tire gauge, SLIME brand. Personal protective equipment Yellow Rain pants Outerwear Dry suit Jeans Outerwear Footwear Trousers Sportswear

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
2019=Odd Year! That means you're invited to the New England Odd Year CX/GL Rally in central Vermont in September. It only happens every other year, miss it and you'll have regrets for 24 months (.29 dog years). I've added this to the previous thread on the 2017 event so you can familiarize yourself with our little get together. Every time it's a little different and a little the same. Plan ahead, it will be mid to late Setember, weekend TBD later. I got my new hip, so I'm ready to kick ass on the highways and biways of rural Vt and the Green Mtns. (Once we wipe the frost off the bike seats LOL!). If you have any comments or pics from previous Vt Rallys feel free to post them. More info to come, but it is on my calendar!

Reactions: rscottp

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Rich,

Congrats on the new hip! Hope to see you in Sept (or before?).

Ride on,

Paul

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hiya Rich,
As usual my "On Call" determines if I can make it or not !!!
I am only "On Call" the weekend of September 20th-23rd :(

So any other weekend than the above dates would be GREAT :D

Cheers.......Keith.....:cool:..............

·
Registered
142 Posts
Rich, have you decided on which weekend ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hope my bike is finished and I'm still in Burlington when this happens! (may be moving this summer for work)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Sept 6,7,8, 2019, Fri/Sat/Sun. With Thursday evening arrivals okay, even preferred. Sorry about the delay in setting dates, wifely negotiations took awhile. :rolleyes: More details to follow later, but general format similar to previous odd years. We always had a good time!

Reactions: nippongreen

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
This Rally will not be held this year. It was a difficult decision, but a second hip problem is preventing me from riding at all. I expect it will be resolved later in the year and I expect to be fine, but not for the fall season. I may get to drive to the PA Rally though as a consolation prize (to me). I recommend you consider going to PA in August and to Keith's rally in Ontario to feed your habit. Both are great MC events hosted by dedicated folks.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Rich,
That is such very sad news :(
Your health and well being is way more important ;)

Guess they ALL had better come visit Ottawa Canada EH !!!!!

all The VERY BEST.......Keith......:cool:.......

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Ottawa, Canada:

WHEN............................Thursday August 1st to Monday August 5th 2019

See it's own thread for more info.

Reactions: nippongreen

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Rich,

Get better ... your health is number 1. Will you still be driving to the Amish Rally or is that out too???

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Sorry you had to pull the trigger and cancel, but it wouldn't be much fun riding till the hips' healed. Priorities.

From the bad sometimes a bit of good comes. I have scheduled around the Vermont rally so I could attend this year (as threatened), I may be able to extend a business trip, kill two birds with one stone and make the Amish for the duration.
Not sure yet. That would work out well since no candidates have emerged for the position of Amish rent collector and scullery maid. ;-)

Spirited rides through the mountains in the fall may still be in the cards, I'll see if we can cobble together a consolation ride of some sort for a few riders who were looking forward to your Vermont rally.

On a related note we spoke about at MidOhio, I have 1 of the banners, no clue where the 2nd one is. Anyone? Bueller, Bueller?

Hope to see you at the Amish.

This Rally will not be held this year. It was a difficult decision, but a second hip problem is preventing me from riding at all. I expect it will be resolved later in the year and I expect to be fine, but not for the fall season. I may get to drive to the PA Rally though as a consolation prize (to me). I recommend you consider going to PA in August and to Keith's rally in Ontario to feed your habit. Both are great MC events hosted by dedicated folks.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
New England Odd Year HTTA Rally is coming this September, 2021. Pandemic Edition. "Mid September", three days, Brookfield, Vt. My new hips are working fine and I'm not dead yet! More details will be coming, but other than settling on either the 2nd or 3rd weekend, reading previous rally info pretty much covers it. Good eats, good riding, good friends, period! Rural back road cabin base.

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
September 17, 18, 19, 2021, arrival Thursday evening 9/16 is ok.

I hope to see some of you in August in PA, but not until the last days.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Putting in for a vacation day for that Friday. Should be able to get there Thursday evening.

Some of us are still "punching the time clock" 😀

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Ah yes, I have slipped the surly bonds of paid employment. No regrets either way (retiring, or not retiring earlier), but I'm fortunate to be in ruddy good health still, albeit with a few aftermarket parts and repairs. :D

Reactions: nolimitz

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
10,853 Posts
Congratulations, Rich!

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Ah yes, I have slipped the surly bonds of paid employment. No regrets either way (retiring, or not retiring earlier), but I'm fortunate to be in ruddy good health still, albeit with a few aftermarket parts and repairs. :D
well done. Im getting close... I hope

41 - 60 of 80 Posts