Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I purchased the cx650c it ran but was dripping gas from both carbs like crazy but it ran. Put it on the trailer got it home, took the carbs off and went through them. It stopped the leaking but was still running rough. When I rode it, it would run better at 5k and up rpm's. Pulled back in driveway and pulled right side plug wire it made no difference. Replaced it, pulled left side plug wire motor died. Pulled right side plug out, plug was wet, pulled left side it was fine, ran the starter and a fine mist of fuel shot from the right side cylinder. Took carbs back off went through them again and swapped the float needles from one side to the other. Thinking if problem moved from right to left side it may be a needle/seat issue. It does run better now (2 or 3k and up rpm's) but at idle and low rpm's right side still seems to be getting to much fuel. Put in a new float on right carb no change. Start it up with gas off runs fine, the second I turn fuel on it begins to stumble, turn gas off again runs fine. You can smell the gas. It cracks and pops a little when you decelerate. I have replaced the plugs as well as swapping coils from side to side. Has great spark. Thinking it has to be a carb issue but what? Oh I also put in new float needle. What can I try next? Please help!

·
Registered
24,201 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts