Honda CX 500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm shortly going to be removing my 1980 CX500 custom engine for rebuilding. I've never attempted anything like this before but want to make sure that I do it properly and don't cut any corners no matter how long it takes me.
I have a question related to the above thread and I hope you can point me in the right direction.
How do I know if I will need to replace the pistons or rings? Is there any build thread that you can point me toward that would provide illustrations for measuring etc?
Thanks in advance and I apologise for the newbie questions.
Stevo

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok.now,is this the man who has the piston rings?.I need a set for my 1979cx500 deluxe..plus a set of head gaskets.let me know thanks.. oh,still looking for the yellow bearings for the rods. The crankshaft is perfect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The yellow bearings that I have,although used,have minimal wear. I Guess I'll have to reuse them...Now there's a knocking noise coming from my fan area. I used a mirror and inspected the hub, and noticed cracks on the motor side.. Electric fan conversion time?. It's 92 today..do you know if the fan covers the entire radiator or just part of it to enable moving out of the way from the old fan shaft. Thx...no.changed my mind. It's a new fan instead.
I bought one for $30.06 online

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone know if the 650 head gaskets are still available? I'm not having much luck finding OEM anywhere.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Oops, sorry, i's just sold those 8 to Germany. But new stock is about to arrive (40 x CX650 and 40 x CX500). Just drop me a PM mayhewej with your address (for postage details) and email address and I'll email you as soon as they arrive here. Cheers, Joe PS: plenty of CX500 piston rings still in stock

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just pulled down my 83 500EC and need oversize pistons and rings. Honda list nil stock. Can someone please tell me where I can get these?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
240 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts