Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new here, been following for a while, have now signed up.

I've just purchased a 1978 CX 500 in very good condition. Has about 79000km on it, quite a bit but price was good (for Austria). The bike starts cold very easily, no leaks no smoke, no rust at all. Was well taken care of by several owners.

It started its life as an Austrian Gendarmarie bike (provincial police). I am looking to convert it to a cafe racer.

Gained alot of knowledge and looking to get many more tips and tricks.

Cheers!

Pics of the bike, then and now!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you still have that fairing

i wonder what it would cost to ship here

i have a cx500 trike that needs that
Hi murray, yes sir I still have the fairing/windscreen including the square blinkers. It's not very heavy and not rediculously large, shipping should be okay.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hi,

Is it really a 1978 model? The Gendarmerie bike has 1981 wheels. Radiator shroud from > 78 (-79??). Brake fluid reservoir -80 (m a y b e -79).

On the second picture the rear wheel seems to be 1980. Or earlier if the black plastic "spoke rivet covers" were taken away.

It doesn´t matter much which year your bike is. Some few parts don´t fit on all models though. 1978 frame- (and engine-) numbers CX 500(E) 200..-

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still not entirely sure, although I'm beginning to think its a 1980... The paperwork says 1980 it was first registered, although it could still be a 79 model in that case.

In any case the experts will know better! Will check the frame number tmr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts