Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Team
I’m looking to replace my brake calipers on a 1982 CX500
Does anyone know where I can get some new or 2nd hand shiny brake calipers either Honda or other brand that will fit?
The bike is a 1982 on the CX 500 with Duel front brakes.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have snapped the bleed nipple off in both and while trying to get one out I snapped the high tensile steel easy out, it’s now stuck in the nipple hole.

·
Super Moderator
13,809 Posts
Used 2 piston calipers from just about any Honda of similar vintage (except GoldWing Aspencades) will work but they come in several piston diameters. The piston diameter is marked on the caliper as shown in the pic below. If the ones you get are different from the originals you will need to know what they came from to order the rubber parts you will need to rebuild them (always rebuild any used brake parts before using them)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Used 2 piston calipers from just about any Honda of similar vintage (except GoldWing Aspencades) will work but they come in several piston diameters. The piston diameter is marked on the caliper as shown in the pic below. If the ones you get are different from the originals you will need to know what they came from to order the rubber parts you will need to rebuild them (always rebuild any used brake parts before using them)
View attachment 201747
Thanks Bob 👍🏼

1 - 6 of 6 Posts