Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 82 Honda GL500 Interstate SilverWing I picked up a few weeks ago, I'm a junior tech at the Honda Powersports shop I work at so I come across a lot of cheap upgrade (which is how I wound up with these) but I'm stuck on an issue. I am in the middle of converting the front end from the wing to a regular head light with aftermarket turn signals. The headlight I took off an old Suzuki and that works fine. The turn signals off the wing worked fine before the project as well. The new turn signals have two wires instead of the three wire connection the wing has. Has anyone replaced turn signals with this conversion or should I get different turn signals. and if so any suggestions on smaller sized amber turn signals? Auto part Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Headlamp Fuel line Also has anyone figured a good way out to hide the wire harness from the front end? Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
5,168 Posts
On a GL500 without the fairing the wiring harness is hidden inside the headlight bucket. Your two wire turn signals do not have running lights. If you wnat running lights and turn signals you will have to look for three wire lights. I have OEM turn signals on my bike.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
It appears as if you still have the fairing "pig tail" still attached too.
That will mean a lot of extra wire that will not fit inside the headlight bucket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.