Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have new heavy duty 7 volt regulators now in stock

they are larger that the old ones and have 3 times the amperage so they should last a long long time

they are direct plug and play same length wires same color wires same factory connectors

they have a mounting hole in the case so you can zip tie them behind the headlight if you want

IMAG1545.jpg

IMAG1546.jpg

they are under 20 shipped in the lower 48 everywhere else please contact me

else where

Canada 16 plus 8.65 shipping USD (i can ship 2 for the same postage its a weight thing)

OZ 16 plus 10.25 USD (i can ship 2 for the same postage its a weight thing)

Europe inc GB 16 plus 10.25 USD (i can ship 2 for the same postage its a weight thing)

they can also be tossed in a box with a set of carbs if you want

please do not add comments to this post we will start another post for that

·
Registered
8 Posts
That makes perfect sense, although I thought the speedo and tach were mechanical. There's the temp gauge and sometimes a fuel gauge though. Is the oem regulator a weak item?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'll take one murryf! , my bike is down I went for ride and my voltage regulator was smoking I had t abort ride good thing I was close to home. Would these also work fo my 81 gli500 /,ti electrics?

·
Super Moderator
13,809 Posts
How can I say this without it going to your head? The CX/GL500/650 community owes you a debt of gratitude for your efforts to make NLA parts available again. Some years ago I sold my GL500 as a parts bike and shopped for something newer because parts were starting to become scarce. The replacement was not satisfactory so I replaced it with what became Eccles, figuring at least the technology was familiar but I would get a few years out of it before I had to find something newer again. I am happy to say that thanks to people like you a lot more parts are available now than then so I feel safe in planning to give Eccles a 10th anniversary rebuild in the summer with no expectation of needing anything newer any time soon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Skookum-AF. The repair cables are right arm, too. Thanks Mur!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts