Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey gents, tuning in here because I just acquired another victim. I have been in the habit over the last few decades of bringing home wayward motorcycles. I have a shop full of them, mostly Hondas… Including a CBX, nice custom 78 GL1000, a 97 Valkyrie, and a couple of SOHC 750s. My third Vmax is also tucked away in there as well as another six cylinder Kawasaki, but I won’t get into all that here.

But, with regard to the latest victim, I’m not sure if I am the victim or the motorcycle is. Although I wasn’t looking specifically for a turbo, I am always on the lookout for something a little less common than the one next door. So, I brought home a 1982 CX 500 turbo the other day. I could not walk away from this thing. It’s not in horrible shape, but it’s not in great shape either. There was one major surprise and I will open up a thread elsewhere to outline it, but I am going to need some serious help. Thanks guys, and I am sure that the plethora of knowledge here will be invaluable to me as I bring this thing back from the dead. It has been asleep for over 10 years.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sounds like you and I have the same disease, LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, and there is no cure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts