Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm having troubles. I've upgraded speedo to a smaller unit. Chinese, not sure it can be called an upgrade? When connecting LED indicators on dial of speedo( oil pressure, indicators, brights) - when connecting neutral indicator motor turns over. Is that a sign of a fault anyone has come across before? Turns over when I turn ignition key on. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After reading some posts I thought I better check the starter switch. Also chinese. It gets stuck every few pushes. Opened it up. Switch quality is rough and was sticking. Scraped smooth and a drop of ptfe it's working. I appreciate the quick reply above! Next problem headlights stopped working. Hopefully I'll find the problem.

·
Super Moderator
23,712 Posts
Light circuit goes from the right lighting switch, through one of the fuses at the hanlebar clamp emerging as a blue/white wire. This goes across to the beam switch. Coming out of the beam switch are white {low} and blue {high} wires heading for the headlight.

Check for power at the fuse and at the blue/ white going into the beam switch.

Some stuff here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.