Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
82 GL500 been sitting for 7+ years. First starts as I strip it for cleaning and choppetty chop now can I post a video?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Introduction I am a 45 year young Minnesota Resident with too many motorcycle projects. Also neglected : '82 450cb, '82 450cl, '82 gn400, '87 HD fxh 1100, 2002 victory 92c & tall bicycles

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
That's because they all need something to do during those long, cold winters up there! lol
Dan

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Dan, the way to survive Minnesota is to ignore the weather, like some kind of Jedi mind trick.
Oh, and of course, buy a bunch of old bikes to work on.
Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thumper I am west of Minneapolis in Hopkins. Already met one forum member Randall-in-mpls who was kind enough to look over my 82 GL answer some questions and teach me some things. Winters are long and can be boring so wrenching it is!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Me & my Akita Momo pretty much embrace winter. I switch to my ebike with studded snow tires when the snow falls. I am getting the GL650 in the spring from DavidInWisconsin, so I can put a sidecar on the GL500 for my dog and winter riding. It was a balmy 31*F today. I saw a bicycle with a sidecar on the 10th Ave. bridge on the way to my new Early Election Deputy job today.

xx.jpg

1-DSCN2056 (1).JPG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts