Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the two upper bolts that connect the radiator shroud/bracket to the cylinder block. These are fairly long, as they travel through the bracket into the block.

I also need the small screw that attaches the butterfly to the rod inside the carb, and the small o ring that is on the carb body for the accelerator pump.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Look at the fiche under "engine block", the studs are still available from the dealer. The size is listed too, so you might be able to source them locally from a fastener dealer.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
In that one it's "cylinder block", part #16.

16: BOLT, STUD (10X90)

(10X90) 732313

(246179-001) $2.11

I think that's it.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I know which one you mean, it's a 10X17 which goes to the cylinder head. Look under R/L cylinder head in the fiche and it should be there. It's also used to secure the brackets for the Vetter Fairing if you have one.

You kind of threw everyone off by saying then went to the block. A picture would have been worth a couple hundred words in this case.

If it isn't these two, I give up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I need to replace the two upper bolts that connect the radiator shroud/bracket to the cylinder block. These are fairly long, as they travel through the bracket into the block.

I also need the small screw that attaches the butterfly to the rod inside the carb, and the small o ring that is on the carb body for the accelerator pump.

The Accelerator Pump o-ring should be this one,

1 - Accelerator pump passage at float bowl (5.0 x 1.3 mm)

·
Registered
8,422 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
I can confirm that they were bolts on my '79 deluxe and '80 custom motors.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
All CX500's irregardless of year or model in the US had bolts.

All GL's had studs.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
All CX500's irregardless of year or model in the US had bolts.

All GL's had studs.
Having 4 studs would probably make it a pain in the ass to remove the front engine hanger.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Having 4 studs would probably make it a pain in the ass to remove the front engine hanger.

Not really so long as they are not bent.The think the GL I worked on had studs but with it's split front engine hanger it was easy.My Cxs all have studs and again so long as they are not out-of-line they are pretty easy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.