Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone,

I have started work on my 1978 CX500 and found some really good parts from my local motorcycle wreckers. I purchased a set of very clean carbs of an 81 GL500 the only issue is they are mounted closer together than on the 1978 CX500. I have all the pieces to mount them farther apart except one of the fuel joint tubes. It has a second tube as the GL500 has an accelerator pump and the 78 doesn't. Does anyone know where I can find this little guy? I have looked all over the internet and am continually looking at ebay. Another thing is does anyone know any other bikes that have the same piece?

Summary:
I am looking for the smaller of the two joint set tubes off of a set of carbs from CX500 with an accelerator pump.

Thank you for your time and energy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not just the fuel rails have you changed the throttle and choke shafts and the holder plates
Yeah I have all those from the original carb assembly. The only difference is that the new carbs have the accelerating pump so I am only missing that one tube. The reason I got new carbs is because the carb bodies are just way too corroded and the vacuum pistons are very very sticky.

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,462 Posts
Your replacements will also have a vacuum port inboard on the right-hand carb. Your fuel tank doesn't have a vacuum-actuated petcock, so you'll need to cap that port.

This is the first I've heard of using GL carbs on a CX (the differences go beyond positioning.) I'll be interested to find out how this works.

R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.