Votes: 0 0.0%
  • picture 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a co worker who makes exhausts as a side hobby/ profession/ whatever and he is going to help me make up my exhaust. i have to have both pipes come out the passenger side due to clearance issue on the drivers. please vote on which layout looks better. i'm kinda liking picture 1 because i wanted the pipes to sit higher on the body but picture 2 is a simpler bend that outs straighter and i gotta imagine will sound better.

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
Lowlife, it doesn't matter what I like. You are going to ride it and live with it, so all that counts is what you like.

·
Registered
851 Posts
#2 would be easier to make I think it looks mor chopper-like if that what you want? With either set I would equalise the over all length and that would make the tips slightly staggered. I like the staggered looks. Slight slash cut with a turnout on each, that makes the outlet hole larger for a power look. Two cents.

Cheers, 50gary

·
Registered
402 Posts
this might be cool too but it won't burn your coat tails [mine backfires and holy fuck get out of the fireball's way] or cause as much hearing damage and i've always loved slash cut pipes

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my hearing is already in jeoparady. I play guitar and listen to punk music. i drew out a kind of hybrid of both that has a little curve but still comes low. i won't have "coat tails" to burn but i started measuring the u bends last night. this may be the only way to make it with the equipment and materials i have. heres a pic of #3 which is what probably going to end up being there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I wonder how much rain it would take to fill those pipes? I would guess that you could blow out a fair sized slug of water after sitting in a 2" rain. Rusting may be an issue too.

Edit: I just looked at your location, rain may not be a big problem, but careful washing the bike.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
hey wait a minute there blue we do get rain here in az and also snow but right now the rainy season is gone and over with there
lol i like the option of its your bike and your the one that has to live with it its all up to you kinda like my highway bars i have to live with them and i am going to post pics when i get them mounted sorry to hijack here bro

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
hey wait a minute there blue we do get rain here in az and also snow but right now the rainy season is gone and over with there
lol i like the option of its your bike and your the one that has to live with it its all up to you kinda like my highway bars i have to live with them and i am going to post pics when i get them mounted sorry to hijack here bro

your rebar?????

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
no not my rebar my new set of custom made high way bars

and besides this isnt your thread to hijack now is it dakota if you want to do that go to one of your threads and i will hijack it hahahahahaha

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
nope i didnt i was just making a point not a hijack lol

i am on my way to go hijack one of your threads now.....up up up and awaaaaaayyyyyyyy lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think option three looks the best out of all of them. But you really can't go wrong with that sweet looking bike.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i saw that and i may go with that too but i wanted the end of the pipes to look like a double barrell shotgun. it will be garage stored and only brought out on decent weather days so i'm not too worried about water getting down the pipes, i want the pipes loud becuase i live in an area with alot of retarded drivers who don't look for motorcycles before changing lanes. if they won't see me i'll make damn sure they hear me.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah that neither. i work with a few riders, the guy behind at the desk behind me rides a Big Dog, which i will now refer to as a "shopper" instead of a chopper, 2 desks in front is a purist and only does classis restos, 2 guys in the shop ride crotch rockets. i always get the "why did you do that?" or "why don't you just get a real bike already done" etc etc. for a total of 850 invested i don't think i could buy a bike like i want it. this is the closest i think i will ever get. maybe if i do another one later i'll have better tools and more talent and can make something a little classier. but at 29 with a white/blue collar job... its currently not my style

1 - 20 of 31 Posts