Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1982 CX 500 TC
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CX 500 Turbo I just purchased. I had one back in 87-88 but had to sell it.

I received the bike and after doing a once over I noticed the rear rotor. Their were no pads left! was metal to metal. I'm replacing the pads but I have had no luck in locating a Rotor for the rear. No after market, no second hand..

Has anyone done a mod or know of a machine shop that could duplicate the rotor? I'v only found 2 links on this forum for a place to purchase. One is in Australia and the other is Germany. Pretty pricey though!! I can't believe no one makes brake rotors,,

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Why would any manufacturer want to make a brake rotor for maybe 10,000-12,000 bikes? (in addition to the 500T, it fits the 650T, 650E, and 500E, but that's it)

Count your blessings that Metal Gear even considered it and pony up the cash if you need one.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I may have a decent used one from a 650E if they are all the same.
PM me if you are interested

·
Registered
1982 CX 500 TC
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kameron. Will do.

·
Registered
1982 CX 500 TC
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I'll use them as a last resort. But at this rate, their in the top 2!! Hahaha

·
Registered
1982 CX 500 TC
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try these guys Home Truedisk.net

I just learned about them and may give them a try. Elrodicater had his done by them. He's restoring his. They look Awesome!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts