Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay after a talk with MurreyF on what I am working on he suggested a rejet for the exhaust mods. But here my problem. Our local Honda Dealer ship has a crew of morons (Not a joke. The parts guy really doesnt know the difference from a Carb Jet to a Jet engine). The only why I can order the just I need is with honda part numbers. So does anyone know the part numbers.

Jet 1: 85
Jet 2: 118

·
Registered
1979 Honda CX500 Custom, 45,000.
13 Posts
Okay sorry to resurrect a dead thread, figured it was easier than starting a new one for the same issue, I am on jetsrus and have no idea what I am looking for. I got my airbox out today, painted my battery tray, pods will be here Wednesday. Keeping my hbox and exhaust is stock currently, but probably going to go with emgo shorties. From what I have been reading I need 90/120 jets correct? Which ones do I need, this page?: Keihin carburetor jets and parts main jet slow air pilot kit

Thanks guys, I feel like such a tard when learning carb stuff.

·
Super Moderator
4,475 Posts
Find your jets on this page HONDA CX500 main jet slow air pilot kit
Since you are keeping H-box and exhaust stock you may not need to re-jet. The 90/120 jetting is just a starting point and may not be optimum for your situation,

·
Registered
1979 Honda CX500 Custom, 45,000.
13 Posts
Yeah that is what I was reading, I will wait to order them until I see how it runs. What should I look out for to know once the pods are on if I need them or not? Thank you for the link.

·
Super Moderator
4,475 Posts
Reactions: avisi0n
1 - 8 of 8 Posts