Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is how it currently looks. It came home on a muddy day and was pushed into the shed, then tore apart. I've not had a chance to wash it much less ride it. I'm sure that it was once someone's baby for a long time and they greatly cared for it.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
That's in pretty darn good shape! You shouldn't have too much trouble getting it back to its glory.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been torn between getting stock replacement forks or doing a front end upgrade on this bike. Today the decision was made for me when I won a set of front forks at auction.

In all today I purchased

Front Forks / dust and oil seals / magnetic oil change bolt / upgraded oil filter bolt / brake speed bleeder and a radiator.

Still need caliper rebuild kit / Master Cylinder rebuild kit / front brake line / steering neck bearings / clutch lever / mirrors and I'll have fixed or rebuilt the front end and the radiator leak. I could actually roll it out of the shed and perhaps ride it!!! Oh joy of joys!!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it is still unwashed and un-waxed but I got it out of the shed finally. Rode it around the yard Yippee! Many things replaced, bearings, forks, front wheel... / all fluids changed / so much work to get it this far. I put the flaring on today. It's going to the shop on Friday. They are going to inspect it so maybe with luck I'll get to ride it in September. I still need a few small things and hope some members might be able to help me out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.