Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum. I live just north of Indianapolis, Indiana (US). I've been lurking around this forum a several days and decided to finally introduce myself.

I joined this forum because I just bought a 1982 GL500 Silverwing last week. Found it on CL. I think I got a good deal and that's all that's really important (right?). It runs well and seams to be in good condition. I've been riding it off and on and decided to ride it to work today. I've done some service but will be doing more. I've got questions for the forum but will search old posts first and will start new threads if I get stuck.

This is not the first motorcycle I've owned. I rode a Suzuki GT185 in High School, a Honda Nighthawk after I got married, and a Honda Shadow VT1100C which I sold a few years ago to raise cash for my business. I'm back on the road again and it feels good!

Look forward to talking to the great members on here.

Bob Bissell

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ooh. I love GLs in silver. Welcome to the forum.

I'm on the mobile version, so I can't see your signature, but if you havent done so already please add your bikes model and year to your sig, and your location to your profile.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The odometer reads 16,100. The title says exempt. The story I was told by the PO was an error made during a previous title transaction had unreadable mileage on the paperwork so the clerk put exempt. I don't claim to understand but thats what the title says. The bike condition reflects that odometer reading. Most of the issues on the bike are age related, not wear and tear.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
The odometer reads 16,100. The title says exempt. The story I was told by the PO was an error made during a previous title transaction had unreadable mileage on the paperwork so the clerk put exempt. I don't claim to understand but thats what the title says. The bike condition reflects that odometer reading. Most of the issues on the bike are age related, not wear and tear.

I agree.It looks in good condition and many of the US examples don't have as high a mileage as the ones over here in the UK.

Here's a decent check-list worth going through,

http://globalcxglvtwins.hostingdelivered.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=72

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
Welcome to the group! Very nice Wing. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks very nice, it has good miles on it and it shows. You will find this group here very knowledgeable on these bikes should you run into any issues. Just reading the posted questions and answers have helped me with mine. Welcome from Massachusetts!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Very nice bike. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
801 Posts
WOW LOOKS JUST LIKE MINE, WELCOME

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Thanks for that pic, you've convinced me to paint my GL650 silver, although I already knew she'd be naked, they look really sexy naked.... I was trying to figure out what color to go with, then saw yours, and figured out she's gotta be silver...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Great looking bike Bob, Welcome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.