Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I owe a few of you here a huge apology. I posted some stuff for sale earlier this year and then completely fell off the radar. This left a few of you hanging without any responses. Now I have a million excuses of why I didn't respond and how my year has been kinda crappy but the simple fact is that I was not much of a decent person and was too lazy to get in touch with you. I screwed up. I could've at least made the effort to get to a public computer at the library or some other place and let you know my situation and possibly give a phone number to reach me or something.

I hope you can take me as sincere. As you can see I'm back online and I would love to start hanging out on the forum again without feeling like a complete heel.

Thanks, and again I'm sorry.

Mike

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
we all who get lifes problems screw up at times.

let he that has never had problems cast the first stone.

it takes a brave man to do this,you have done it....

welcome back mike

·
Registered
2,597 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Don't feel bad. I got started on the variable speed fan controller project I hoped to be able to share with everyone about mid-year then medical problems put a huge damper on things. When I was finally able to get back to work it was like playing catch-up for months only being able to work 4 - 6 hours a day and I'm still way behind up there. Girlfriend problems didn't help but I was too sick most of the time to give them what they wanted anyway.

We all end up having these times in our lives no matter how young or old you are. Those that haven't had them yet, well, you're either lucky or by the laws of life one will come along in time. I operated like a brand new firecracker for almost 54 years then met with something that took precedence. Luckily I've beat the main problem this year but the recovery process getting back into a normal life has been far from easy.

I've also been through my share of money problems. I'll never forget one time I lived in Denver ages ago where I was essentially homeless for a while with a broken car, a broken but healing fractured bone in my arm right at the shoulder where you couldn't put a cast on it, hitting the shelters and collecting cans just to come up with enough money to buy cheap wine and cigarettes to ease the pain. I even tried sleeping "behind the trees" so to speak on a couple of nights but had to give into the reality of the situation that no matter how much of a fighter I was it was time to make that call and beg my parents for a plane ticket back home.

In other words we all get through these things and learn from them, you're far from alone. Hope all is better now.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
This place is truly like a family....

Sometimes somebody pisses you off, sometimes everybody gets along

but we're all part of it. And eventually we make it right.

Glad you're back, glad you took the high road and did what you did today.

Now, let's get back to the 'cycle stuff!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yep, fully understood. I have been trying to find the spare cash to buy an Ignitech and left Cobram hanging a while back. Life (work, kids, ex-wives...you name it) does have a way of getting in the way.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
So are you saying he can feel like a bottom, instead of a heel? Mike, you're moving up!!

In other words don't be a stranger, if anyone still has a beef with you they'll e-mail or send a PM.

The important thing is you got back in here so don't be a stranger as it's exceptional therapy.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Great to have a new member that is stand-up. Welcome aboard! Times are tough lately, rougher than usual. I think we can all share in your situation in some way.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
One thing I haven't been able to fathom is the sheer amount of people that are on the unemployment rolls and I mean the official ones, they don't count those who have found at the minimum a part time job. The government has done a good job of hiding these figures to some extent.

It really reminds me of the oil bust and bank failures we had here back in the very early 1980s. The corporation I worked for lost its funding and while I could continue at no pay I had a life to support so I had to start looking elsewhere. My two best offers were moving to El Reno to work on the two-way radios at an oil well site or working on the newfangled digital gas pumps that had been coming out for a mere $7/hr using my own vehicle. That's when I moved to Denver as there were still plenty of tech jobs up there, they hadn't been hit as hard as Oklahoma had.

For example we had Geologists with Masters Degrees working at McDonalds trying their best to put food on the table and keep the bills at bay as best they could. I came back after a couple of years but it was no better yet so I eventually moved back up there and was surviving but after a freak accident I was fairly immobile for a couple of months. Had I known how to create a lawsuit I probably could have netted something from that but I didn't bother.

It's the same down here again but we're one heck of a lot better off than most states. If you're willing to work $10/hr isn't hard to find and the cost of living isn't overinflated. I feel very lucky to have my rather decent job and they've stood behind me through all my illness this year although it has hurt them a lot not having me there full time for a good portion of the year.

It will take us years to recover from the economic falldown we experienced and you can't blame any one political party for it, it was a combination of both compounded over decades. "Made in USA" or "Support from someone that speaks English" seems to be a thing in the past, probably why I'm typing on a Lenovo laptop that was built in China but has real support from IBM right here in the states should I need it. If you have professional Dell business stuff you'll likely be talking to a call center that's here in the city after you get through all the mumbo-jumbo of the initial people in India but you'll finally find someone that can talk to you in your language. (if you can understand an Okie accent)

I'd hate to get really political on here because so many things are wrong and despite the occasional letter I feel obliged to send I doubt they're ever considered, I merely get a response back from an aide that picks out appropriate quotes and uses them in the response. This is going to change as I now have a few more people I know in positions of power so with any luck I can press some issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts