Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well she is finally looking more complete, so I decided to post some pics since I just got the tank and seat back from being painted. I haven't bolted down the seat yet, I am still deciding on what would the best way to do it. The signals aren't installed yet either because the wiring will probably be one of the hardest parts for me, but you should get the idea i'm going for. Also does anyone know what kind of tank I have? I don't think it is from a cx/gl, i've heard talk about a vacuum petcock on the site, is this a vacuum type?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
If it's anything it looks a little like a modified CX standard/deluxe tank, but what's going on with the fuel cap section? And the front doesn't look quite like a deluxe. Very different, definitely not a stock gl.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tank is dirty I haven't cleaned it and the cap has tape on it still from being covered when it was being painted. I wish I was able to remove the screw cap type thing on it so I can put one of those flush type caps that have a lock.

·
Registered
313 Posts
does it mount securely on the stock gl frame tank mounts?

Just a thought, if we figure out what it is, that can really help those who are looking ro replace rusted out tank especially if their going to mod the bike anyway...

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does it mount securely on the stock gl frame tank mounts?

Just a thought, if we figure out what it is, that can really help those who are looking ro replace rusted out tank especially if their going to mod the bike anyway...

The previous owner cut out the old frame tank mount and welded on a different mount so it would stay. Which is another reason I think it's not from a cx/gl. It also holds alot of gas, when I drained it my 8 gal fuel tank was almost completely filled and it still had some left in the reserve. Which I was never able to figure out how to remove.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.