Honda CX 500 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You're a brave man Tom, wiring isn't for the faint of heart! :D I admire your tenacity!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Hi , i just finished cleaning up the electrics. The fuses are now at the rea in a new fuseboxr. I also integrated a led flasher relay and new main fuse holder. Everything still functions

Happy newyear to everybody

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi. Looks good so far. That's a lot of work and determination/dedication. I always want to do this much to a bike but have learned it's better not for me to dive in and tear it apart. Never seems to go back together.

Anyway, just wondering if you considered using an M unit to eliminate some wiring and clean things up a bit more than stock. I know thy are pricey.

Looking forward to the finished product. I'll definitely be jealous

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hi drytoe, thanks for your post.
I considered once an M unit but after studying the electrical plans i decided not to do it. Once you understand the electrical part it is not so hard to rewire everything and a lot cheaper.
If you need any advice, do not hesitate to ask !
Tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh nice!

I would be realy interested in the sound of these megatones!!!

Do they piss off the naighbours? Or are they sane enough that you can start your bike in the morning without waking up everyone?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Hi speedster, Niels and Speedmoto
thanks for the feedback. I'm still working on it, now I'm working / revisioning the brakes… (not that easy).
@Niels : I will try to post a soundclip with the Megatons. I have to say they are still loud :)
Tom

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Today i worked on the front Brakes. I have a dual Pistons double brake setup. The Brakes are completely restored with new Pistons,...
Later i Will renew the brake hoses with steel ones.
The master cilinder is also completely new.
Grtz

61 - 80 of 117 Posts