Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some of my old pictures. This one was taken in 1980 down by the Mississippi, downtown Minneapolis at night. No flash, just street light. Slowed the shutter way down, on a tripod. Camera: Pentax K1000, 35mm SLR.

An interesting sidebar: I'm pretty sure I'm under the I35W bridge in this picture. That's the same bridge which collapsed and made the news 2 and 1/2 decades later.

1977 Kawasaki KZ650. First model year. Bought 3 months used, September, 1977.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Do you remember what kind of fairing it had? Kind of looks like a Bates.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
My first bike was a brand new Honda S65. 65cc of fun! I had it for two years and put on 24K before I gave it to my brother for Christmas. He rode it for two years and from there we both bought X-6 Suzuki bikes, 250cc 2-stroke twins. They were the first production 250 to be able to top 100 mph.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you remember what kind of fairing it had? Kind of looks like a Bates.

No I don't. The PO had a nice scene painted onto it. I actually gave it away to a friend after I bought a WindKutter frame mounted fairing (WindKutter was a copy of the WindJammer).

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we know what happened to the bridge. What happened to the bike?

Sold it at a bike auction after I bought my first Silverwing in the 90's.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My first bike was a brand new Honda S65. 65cc of fun! I had it for two years and put on 24K before I gave it to my brother for Christmas. He rode it for two years and from there we both bought X-6 Suzuki bikes, 250cc 2-stroke twins. They were the first production 250 to be able to top 100 mph.

David, this forum is all about pictures of our old bikes. Let see some pics!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
David, this forum is all about pictures of our old bikes. Let see some pics!
Well since you asked ... here is a photo of a bike that is exactly like the first motorcycle I ever owned.

And this web page shows you all the various bikes I have owned through the years.

My Bikes

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
Well since you asked ... here is a photo of a bike that is exactly like the first motorcycle I ever owned.

And this web page shows you all the various bikes I have owned through the years.

My Bikes

That's nice. But what about the bikes in the loft?

Didn't realize you had a Mickey, Phoenix and Basketcase. I saw Phoenix down at Barry's last spring or maybe earlier. And then Dave F I believe has Basketcase.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
That's nice. But what about the bikes in the loft?

Didn't realize you had a Mickey, Phoenix and Basketcase. I saw Phoenix down at Barry's last spring or maybe earlier. And then Dave F I believe has Basketcase.
I don't count any of the ones I don't ride other than to tune up and sell ... so the ones in the loft and the other one you haven't seen that I picked up last week don't count.

If you look I don't have my wife's bike listed ... even though it is titled to me and I do ride it a couple of times a year just to make sure it is still safe.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess I'm somewhat embarrased to admit my first bike was a Honda 90 in the late 60's.

Montana Clifford

That's nothing to be embarrased about Cliff (may I call you Cliff?). At least it had two wheels and an engine.

But, now I must ask to see the pictures...

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
I don't count any of the ones I don't ride other than to tune up and sell ... so the ones in the loft and the other one you haven't seen that I picked up last week don't count.

Some say that about women.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.