Honda CX 500 Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Losing a parent is always terrible. I lost my dad 50 years ago and mother in 1996. Over time, the pain dulls but the vacancy remains. May God bless you and yours and fill that vacancy until it is barely felt.

·
Registered
594 Posts
We just observed the 1st year of my mother's passing. The sting dulls, but the emptiness is hard to fill. I'm certain (even though I only know you through the interwebs) that he passed his values on to you and you will do the same with his grandchildren.

You are in my thoughts, Randall.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Always tough times when losing somebody close. God Bless.

·
Registered
1982 GL500 81 BMW R100 2010 HD E-GLIDE
658 Posts
My ailing father, aged 84, passed away a week ago tomorrow. It was not unexpected. I fly home this afternoon for his memorial service.

Please keep him in your prayers.

R
R,
Even expected is not easy-I am at an age just behind your father and starting to lose friends.
May God bless you and your family-got the feeling he was a good man.
Paul

·
Registered
905 Posts
This is sad news.
After my father died, he appeared in my dreams for several weeks and in the dreams he said kind things. It helped to soften the blow.

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
My condolences in this manner......evolution takes place via time. We all have a time. I grieve for my lost ones as well, and know the tug on the heart. Others hearts will be tugged when it is our turn. No one wishes it to occur, but it does.

And it's not quite that time of year yet, but at least I can offer something sort of pretty to soften the upcoming days.

Aerospace engineering Aviation Hangar Vehicle Airplane

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
915 Posts
Sorry to hear of the loss of your Father. May he rest in peace. Best wishes to your family as you go through this difficult time.

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Thank you all for your prayers and condolences.

This is the finest group of gentlemen I have ever encountered.

R

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi mate, very sorry for your loss, my dad passed in 1971. Dads will always be your best mate, time does help . Pete

Reactions: Randall-in-Mpls

·
Registered
252 Posts
My condolences as wel. Remember the good times you had with him and his life's work is completed.

Sent with Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
As fashionably late as ever, but I wish you the Best sir Randall, as you move along your life's path now without your dad to call.
Mine passed in 98 and I still hear his voice, his laugh, when I'm working in the garage I feel him over my shoulder telling me what to do, for crying out loud, I look in the mirror and see him. Yes I look like him. I laugh now when I think of projects we would do together while arguing. I think we would still disagree. You don't get over them, per say, you just learn to go on without them, and hope you don't ever forget them. Randall, here's hoping you and your family have all you need to gracefully continue in happiness. Peace be with you.

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks, Bruce. I keep seeing him in my own mannerisms, even more so as I get older.

R

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Randall, I think it's great that when we think of dad he's smiling, I just wish I'd been born earlier so I knew him a little longer, I never got to buy him a beer. So just remember the good times.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Randall, last Saturday would have been my dad's 96th birthday. I went out to the VA cemetery just to be close to where he was buried. It is tough. It will get easier, but not much. You will always want to call and talk after a big football game, after an election, or any of those "call dad" moments. Treasure the memory, be thankful for the great relationship, and try to be half that good for your kids and the rest of the family. God bless.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
426 Posts
At a loss for words I've been to too many funerals this summer and fall ....... But there where also births and good times , and I believe those are the memories the people who go to the lord want for those left behind .... May God rest all their souls

21 - 39 of 39 Posts