Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CX650 1983 as I bought it. New tyres, brake pads, seat recovered.I flushed the brakes,changed the oil& filter, serviced k&n air filter,charged final drive oil,flush& changed coolant,new fuel,added some mmo.This is a last from the past.Gorgeous exhaust note.
Any idea how many 1983 were imported to Canada? Did the 1984 have an (E) suffix?1984 the final year?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
Hi Jethro,
Nice looking bike. It must have been taken good care of in it's past.
There were 860 sent to Canada in 83, and 488 in 84. Check this link out for the #s
Yes, the 84 has an E. The main difference for the 84 was the decal on the side cover that is CX650 in red with a silver E on the end. It's in a straight line unlike the 83 model.

·
Super Moderator
14,060 Posts
I moved this to the General Discussion section of the forum (Site Help is for problems with the website).

BTW: They were actually called CX650E both years (your bike's VIN plate should verify this), even though the decal doesn't indicate that.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Next time you change the oil you might like to pull the front engine cover and service the oil pump and drive chain. No one ever does , and they really should.....

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Jethro,
And welcome,
So where in Canada are you located ?
I have an 83 CX650E and a 84 CX650E
All The Best.....Keith.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts