Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I recently purchased a 79 cx500, I've already done a few mods such as clubman bars, new headlight wrapped in yellow film, new tach and speedo, seat, tail lights. My future plans are new paint, and powdercoating the wheels black. Here are a couple progress pictures.

Let me know what you think, suggestions, etc

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well I recently purchased a 79 cx500, I've already done a few mods such as clubman bars, new headlight wrapped in yellow film, new tach and speedo, seat, tail lights. My future plans are new paint, and powdercoating the wheels black. Here are a couple progress pictures.

Let me know what you think, suggestions, etc

Cool...I'm diggin all the flat black. And black wheels would be awesome...mine are powder coated high gloss black so I may be biased.

What kind of grips do you have? Are those Rizomas?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I really like the whole front end of your bike. Do you mind sharing what clubmans you used, which gauges and which headlight. Where did you purchase them. Thank you

Cody

·
Registered
402 Posts
that thing is great! the black on black looks like something from madmax!

did you want to stay with the larger back rim with powder coating the regular comstars

or were you planning to switch to reverse comstars that are already black

many of us have reverse comstars and would be willing to trade for the silver wheels

anyways letting you know you did an epic job making that bike freakin sweet!

also where did you get a seat like that it is simply perfect!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Black the chrome, pods, pull the front fender, wheels, hide a sealed battery and you're there. Like the seat and the tail lights. -nick

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey everybody, its been a while since i posted, but im back

anyway, but to the point, the bike looks great, its actually very close to what i want. where did you get that seat? it looks like a stock seat for something, do you know what it came off of?

im trying to get the cafe looks without chopping the frame or destroying the originality of what i have

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i painted the tank and airbox covers heres some pics, more pics will come when i install them on the bike!

did a decent job filling in the spot where the honda emblem was.

·
Registered
507 Posts
That is a beautiful bike, and that tank looks slick. I really like that seat.

Do you have to cut the rear frame pieces for that seat to fit?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts