Honda CX 500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I'm new to this site, I purchased a 1981 Honda CX500 Custom in July and have been working on it ever since. I just had a quick question, if I install a set of these pipes without upgrading my carbs what will the rejetting have to be on the stock carburators? I plan on removing the h box.
Thank you,
Carlos

·
Registered
891 Posts
Has anyone used these with rearsets? Still work?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Rearsets based on 50Gary's design..

·
Registered
891 Posts
Well I will probably just bite the bullet and order a set in the next couple days when I order all my suspension and new brake line.
Now I just need to make up my mind if I want them upswept or not.. Then I should be able to fire her up and get her road ready..
They look adjustable enough..

·
Registered
891 Posts
Good to know.. sounds like worse case scenario I would have to weld on an extension.. Was tempted to run over to a local
muffler shop and get a quote but then I would have to clean out my trailer that is currently my paint booth:)
I am on a major ordering spree so I can get this bike done in the next two weeks or so..

·
Registered
891 Posts
And ordered... I will figure it out one way or another.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Murray

I need a set of the upswept pipes, but I am in Botswana, Africa. Can you send me details on how to get them from you please..?

·
Registered
9 Posts
just put an order in for a set of the standards. can't wait to get these on the bike. glad you decided to put these into production.

·
Registered
296 Posts
What about the GL? are the pegs in a different spot? Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are you still shipping the upswepts? I just emailed you about a set of carbs and totally forgot to ask about the pipes...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Murray, just ordered a set of adapter pipes to eliminate the cussed crossover box. I am restoring a 1982 GL500 Silver Wing. Can these pipes be attached with clamps or do they need to be welded ? Second question; I am having the valves adjusted and carbs removed, cleaned and adjusted/synched, will I need to tell the shop anything special due to the removal of the crossover box ?

41 - 60 of 102 Posts