Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have developed a new quick turn single cable throttle tube for the mikunis and other single pull

cable systems . J.C has done a great job handling the 3d file drawing/tweaking on this project its taken 9 or 10 revisions

for me to get it here. so enjoy.

it will reduce the slop in your throttle give you a positive idle stop so the cable cant get damaged

and reduce the twist turn to full throttle

so get to the smiles faster

it will be on my site a bit later today

i will have some better pictures to

color of the tubes may vary but they are not visible when installed

14 dollars plus 4 in shipping in the usa

·
Registered
'82 CX500C, '13 DR650, '07 Buell XB9R
8 Posts
Does this work with all of the stock junk? I have reduced wrist mobility from a track incident and I can't twist the stocker all the way. At all. I actually prefer 1/6 to 1/8 turn when possible.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Does this work with all of the stock junk? I have reduced wrist mobility from a track incident and I can't twist the stocker all the way. At all. I actually prefer 1/6 to 1/8 turn when possible.
I just put one on my otherwise stock GL500. I removed the return cable, so only have the one throttle cable attached. It closes when released just fine, not any different than stock. Definitely more smiles per mile with this.

It is a shorter twist than stock, but not say Yamaha R1 short, there's only so much room in the switch housing. For the $14 or whatever it is, it's worth it.

·
Registered
1978 cx500 trike
39 Posts
i have fitted one to my stock single pull 78 cx 500 took a old git like me 10 minutes made a nice difference

·
Registered
1982 gl500
106 Posts
What material are they made from?

·
Registered
1982 gl500
106 Posts
annealed petg
Thanks Murray. Out of curiosity do you have a list of what the revisions were? I am always amazed at how much engineering actually goes into products behind the scenes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts