Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Murrays carbs

1K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  murrayf 
#1 ·
I ordered my carbs 6 days ago , just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to get the shipping information..

#2 ·
MurrayF knows!

Reactions: Riley_james
#4 ·
😆 its more about the excitement of getting them and putting them on ... I don't mean any harm just excited to get them and I've not ordered anything directly from Murray's site before .. its that damn amazon , its got me spoiled on when and where my order is . I don't mean any disrespect just curious . This'll be my first set of Murray's and I've heard and read nothing but great things about his products. Again, not trying to get on anyone's good or bad side just a simple question .

#13 ·
I will agree with ya there , the silverwing is a great bike .. I've owned probably 15 or so Hondas and other jap bikes and other than a few bugs I had to work out after buying the bike for a grand its been a great runner... other than my 76 gl1000 I had years ago its probably the most reliable bike I've owned . In thinking of taking it over to Florida, im in TN now, and I'm feeling pretty solid about it making the run there and back with no difficulties. My very 1st bike back in 98 was a 72 CB360 and I took that bike everywhere.. I've been looking into the early bmws, like the R100 .. I've heard they're great runners as well just a little pricey on parts.
I actually have two bmw r100’s. A r100rt and r100gs. They are wonderful bikes. Everyone on the different bmw airhead forums go on and on about how easy those bikes are to maintain and work on. I agree that they are easy to work on but these twisted twins are even easier. The parts for the old bmw’s might be pricey but at least most parts are still available whether original or aftermarket. I wouldn’t hesitate to ride the Silverwing across the country but I would prefer to ride the r100rt for that long of a ride.

#14 ·
I actually have two bmw r100’s. A r100rt and r100gs. They are wonderful bikes. Everyone on the different bmw airhead forums go on and on about how easy those bikes are to maintain and work on. I agree that they are easy to work on but these twisted twins are even easier. The parts for the old bmw’s might be pricey but at least most parts are still available whether original or aftermarket. I wouldn’t hesitate to ride the Silverwing across the country but I would prefer to ride the r100rt for that long of a ride.
Its the look of the BMW engines that do it for me , just a cool looking engine. What year are your BMW's ?

#17 ·
Mine are actually the last years they mede them so not very old. The gs is a 1994 that I bought from the original owner just before the prices for these adv bikes soured. The rt is a 1995 that my dad gave me. He bought it from an airhead legend known as Snow Bum.
Nice, I really like the 75 through 78 styles .. just a classic beauty of a bike. I also really like the mid 90s ducatis .. not a big sports bike fan but the look of those are just sexy.

#16 ·
first

for the first time in 13 years we closed for friday and monday
next the system has some notification issues and in that the only way automatic notification occurs is
with paypal direct payment all others like credit cards do not transfer tracking info and i/we dont have the time to manually transfer the numbers
paypal /shipstation are blaming each other for it and not being forth coming

and the world is all about instant gratification so everyone wants tracking but sometimes it is not possible

#18 ·
first

for the first time in 13 years we closed for friday and monday
next the system has some notification issues and in that the only way automatic notification occurs is
with paypal direct payment all others like credit cards do not transfer tracking info and i/we dont have the time to manually transfer the numbers
paypal /shipstation are blaming each other for it and not being forth coming

and the world is all about instant gratification so everyone wants tracking but sometimes it is not possible
I gottem today murray, you're right .. I think that whole instant gratification started with my generation ( gen x ) and I totally understand with the back and forth between the companies.. since all this covid non sense shipping has become a hassle.. appreciate the reply and I wasn't trying to be an ass just wanted to get a understanding of the shipping time.. next time I'll speak directly to you and not come off as a dick by posting about something I can just call you about. Can't wait to get them on , I've heard that they give the bike more pep and the throttle has a quicker reaction time.. one question I do have is do you recommend getting new coil packs ? , I've read its a good combo and gives the bike that extra umfff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.