Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm removing the box under the bike and getting Murray's upswept pipes for a pair of Harley Sportster mufflers I bought used last Fall.

Pipes not ordered yet, waiting for a total from Murray because I'm in Canada, so can't measure anything yet in terms of buying/making a bracket.

Just wondered if anyone had any luck with universal fit brackets and if so, if you had a link? If I can buy something cheap(ish) that works I'll order it online when I order the clamps, so when the pipes arrive I'll have it. Otherwise, I'll have to wait to have them and mock them up, design something from there.

I'll be removing the foot pegs at the back... I'll never have someone on the bike with me and not flexible enough to use them myself. :D

I figure those basic ones should work, but not sure the length... 3"-8"...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Exhaust-Brac...ash=item2eda312eb6:g:vc4AAOSw8d9U1SO4&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.

·
Super Moderator
21,155 Posts
I'd sooner design and cut something out of 3 - 4 mm steel {or alloy} to suit the specific application ... and myself. Takes more time but is always cheaper and often better.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just figured I'd ask, off-chance most people were using something like the image below and had a specific size in inches to order. If was the case, I'd save the time and buy it now so I'd have it when I get the pipes.

Without the pipes, I can't see how it sits and what I need to have for a bracket. But if a $10 universal bracket worked, I'd save myself some time and order it. :)

s-l225.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts