Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to complete a basic riders training course that will fulfill the MSB-8 requirements in Texas. I have gone online and can find the schools, but I wanted to run this by all you Metroplex riders and see if you had a preference or could recommend the least expensive school. Right now, it's looking like $195 in Mesquite.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
Do you need a basic riders course or want one? I took my riding test in a grocery store parking lot for $40. Sure I would have preferred a class but money was key.

Most colleges offer a discounted program in the summer. Maybe look at your states dmv website and see what they recommend.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
+1 on college checking. Illinois State Univ offers ours at satellite locations- when all is said and done it is $20.00 with the option at the end to either get your money back or donate it to the program to help keep the program running. Much cheaper than the alternatives over here....

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Texas DMV requires the MSB-8 successful completion certificate as part of the Class M licensing process. The beginners course is required for all who don't currently hold a Class M, regardless of prior experience, if they want to get a motorcycle license in Texas. If a person does hold a current M classification, they still have to take a course, but the cost and time involved is significantly less. The cost of the beginner's class is capped @ $195 and that is what most of the schools I have found charge. I was hoping a Texas rider could point me to a discounted school in my area. I have seen some schools that only charge $150, but they are too far from my home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts