Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was trying to figure out the best way to mount my rear indicators to my frame. I wanted to place them in the holes in the frame tube behind the rear sets as seen in the picture below. (Not my picture)

Now, the indicators I have are the from revival cycles, the supernova led lights (also not my picture)

I was thinking of welding the nut to a washer that fits flush with the tube and screwing the indicator into that.
I've been searching for a tutorial on the best method to go about mounting into frame tubing and haven't found anything super helpful. Some have suggested using rubber vibration isolation mounts that increase in diameter as you screw in a bolt, however I don't think the housing of the indicator is up for that and i don't want to scratch it while installing/removing.

Any help is very welcome. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
I purchased the same lights for my current CX project. I ended up mounting them in the open ends of the rear subframe. I fabricated some aluminum covers for the openings in the frame and attached the lights through the covers. Damn those things are bright. Here is a pic from mock up.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Agree with Bob.

You should check the Motor Vehicle Codes and Laws. IIRC, there exists a minimum height above the pavement for brake/signal lights.

Your proposal seems exceedingly low and likely difficult for those behind you to see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts