Honda CX 500 Forum banner

mounted GPS

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  ScrapMetal 
#1 ·
ok so i made bracket for the gps to bad it was damp and chilly tonight even the portable heater not helping will have to repaint one day but here it is this is how i hooked up gps for now...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
would look nice done with aluminum kinda machined and then polished but painted will work to i will be repainting bike over winter so everything will look the same color. we shall see what happens already have thoughts on a better design so tinkering is fun.

#4 ·
You're suppose to hook up some headphones so you can listen to a nagging voice say.. "What the hell are you going this way for", "Moron you missed the turn", and "We would have been there already if you followed directions."

#8 ·
Nice, so are the $9.99 handlebar mounts you can picked up on FleaBay.

#9 ·
They mount is below ignition key no problems on that part. it is positioned just to the back edge of the fuse box it swivels alittle to get it out of the direct sunlight less washing effect when riding. seems to work good so far. will fab a new bracket over the winter, or get a bar mount from fleabay we see what happens....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.