Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mountain Momma rally, which took place June 10-12, 2011 was enjoyed by all attending. I would like to say a special thanks to Phil for bringing his bride, Janice! I will never understand how Phil.......maybe I better not go there, Phil is mad at me anyway for being so slow about getting this thread started. Anyway, here goes! I will post more pictures until I have all of mine (worth viewing) posted. Anyone who can't wait can click on the link in my signature & go to my PB account to view all my pictures, Alaska included.

I guess you could call this the "official" rally photo, at least the camera didn't break!

As if the previous picture was not enough punishment.......

During dinner at our favorite diner, JerryB lapsed into a coma, I think he was dreaming about his upcoming retirement!

Here is Roy's rig in full travel mode! I love that trunk, it could carry a month's camping supplies!

Here is a partial bike lineup. There is one bike missing, gone to get gas, I think!

Jumping ahead in rally pictures, I just had to show you this one. This was our ride for about 4 hours on Saturday. I had some pictures taken in the cab but apparently I lost them when my computer had its nervous breakdown! I hope some of the other guys have some to post.

That's all of mine for now, more later.

Gene

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, as Phil said, I better get my pictures posted before...........maybe others who have pictures might........

Anyway here are a few more pictures.

These were a couple of Shay locomotives, I guess in reserve. If you remember the guy on the pa system said that they never let the steam go down in the engines, takes too long to get them going again.

In the previous picture & this one please note the rain. This time JerryB fooled the rain by getting on the train, his bike still got wet!

Anyone know this guy?

Thanks again Phil for bringing Janice, she adds a lot of class, not to mention a very nice smile!

I think this bike line up was complete.

Again at our favorite diner!

Thats it for now. Phil, I'll do my best to post the rest of my pictures before...............

G

e

n

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I am still alive! Phil, maybe you could post your pictures before.......? Anyway here are a few more pictures of the rally. If we do it again (and I say IF, Phil) perhaps we could extend it for a day, make it Friday through Monday or something like that. Anyone interested could toss in your two cents!

Gene

I could not appreciate the size of this engine until I got close, it is big! Hot too!

Well, I thought this would give you a better idea but some guy in a blue shirt got in the way!

Here is a partial view of the control room, it does get hot in there!

Just so we all remember this was a rally, with real live people, here are a couple on the porch!

Gosh, we even had some guys unloading a motorcycle! Hey, thats not a Harley, what was it doing on a trailer?

There's that smile I was talking about!

More later, Gene

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Trying to hide the pic's on a different thread from everyone elses? I found you.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Phil, you have some great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Why not pick out some to post on this thread. Sad to say there are a number of folks who won't bother to click to see your album! I found that out by putting a link to my albums in my signature, many folks just don't bother. Thanks for sharing, Janice takes great pictures!

Gene

PS: I think I know what your answer is going to be!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To all who took pictures of the Shay Engines!

Don Seedsman in Oz would like to have any high res photos you might have of the Shay engines. That was a very unique engine and among Don's RR friends there is a lot of interest in the Shays. He would appreciate any pictures of the engines.

Thanks, Gene

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks, one and all. The Shay pictures are being assembled for my main riding mate (and GP fellow marshal) and my b.i.l.. They await in eager anticipation. I believe the only, proper, hardware Shay in Oz now, to be an import from one of the closer Asian countries.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Thanks, one and all. The Shay pictures are being assembled for my main riding mate (and GP fellow marshal) and my b.i.l.. They await in eager anticipation. I believe the only, proper, hardware Shay in Oz now, to be an import from one of the closer Asian countries.

There are a ton of good pics and videos on the web, like on youtube...do a search for shay or cass railroad. I took a few short clips, but there are some very well done videos of these engines in action.

Shay in action

1 - 11 of 11 Posts