Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this bike. I'm thinking about some better saddlebags. I bought some engine guards and Krator footpeg mounts off eBay, which I'll mount when they arrive.
Although I'm pretty happy with the riding position I get with the 1" risers, I'm thinking I might go another inch higher, not only so that I can ride sitting a little straighter up but also so that I don't get a horn or start button on my tank bag at full turn :oops:

My goal is comfort over several hundred miles without sacrificing handling too much and without loading it down so I can still ride the sketchier roads with confidence.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I am heading in the same direction. I have these 40 liter dry saddle bags and 60 liter duffel. I went with these after seeing Jamie's (AtomicGoose) bags. I put the duffle on the pillion as my back rest.
I have different highway guards, but I might just look for dropdown pegs to go on the current engine guards. I am putting the little pillon sissy bar on that has a small carrier from my GL500. (your's is more substanttal.) I need to travel to see how the handle bar position works for me.
I include the image of the gL650 so you can see the current guards. The leather bags are for in town. My GL500 has the big trunk that I like as a back rest I could put on the GL650, but is kinda small for travel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts