Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those here who are Moms, Grandmothers, expecting future Moms, have a great day.

Call, visit, take the lady to lunch, or best of all for a nice Sunday ride.

My 83 year old Mom likes a casual little ride on the back a couple times a year.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
My 88 year old mom asked me today ... again ... when she was going to get another ride. It is to the point though that I have to help her on and off the bike.

She had never been on a motorcycle until she was 64, the year after my dad died ...

Whenever she gets a ride I take the bike (the BMW as the GL is too hard for her to get on) up over 100 so she can go back and brag to the others in her retirement apartment building.

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
I think it took about 8 calls before I got a hold of my mom. Really wish they would get an answering machine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just called my mom, I don't really see her much.. wished her a happy mothers day and told her about my new bike, she said "Great!, one more of you on some death machine!!" I laughed and told her I would love to give her a ride, and she said, "Hell no!". I wished she would, but eh she probably would be scared as hell on a bike.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
My mom died 12 years ago, but I am very close to my dad's second wife.
Fortunately we live in the same town and attend the same Church so I see her (and my dad) quite often. After Church today we took the moms out to lunch. My two daughters that no longer live at home called my wife shortly after we got home. No call from my two sons
so I told my wife we should go for a bike ride. I told my two daughters that are still at home (12 and 16) to call their brothers and tell them that if they didn't call their mother today I was going to punch them in the nuts when I see them again. They both called tonight.
Of course they both told my daughters, 'I was gonna call later'. I just gave them a little incentive.

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
6 kids and 4 of them girls. That had to drive you nuts 18 years at a time. Of course I don't have to remind you since you still have the one 16 year old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.