Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've connected my cables every way possible to get the throttle working properly but one way when I connect it, the cables are too long and lose, and even one popped out, and the other way I tried, I couldn't get the last cable in because it was too short, maybe I'm not doing this right so I'm gonna attach pictures to see if any of you guys can explain this to me.
The cable with the blue on it is the push cable I'm assuming because when i twist the throttle that cable back, that cable pushes out further and the other retracts, and the third cable is the choke.
Cables.jpg cable connects.jpg cable holds.jpg
So if anyone could take the time to tell me which cable goes to which slot and the cable holds slot too I,ve numbered them.
For example "cable 1 goes to cable connect 2 and cable hold 3"
And where does the throttle cable go, when i connect it i feel it weird being so free back there. By the number three on the cable holds I've circled a small screw hole that I don't know know about. Is something supposed to go there to hold the choke cable?
Thanks for your time and patience, if this even makes sense.

·
Registered
292 Posts
In pic #2- pull cable goes into 2. In pic #3 -pull goes onto 1. Choke cable hold down is missing and goes into hole 3 of pic #3. More complicated to explain than to show how. Damn Photobucket!

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
Have you downloaded a copy of the factory service manual for your bike? From the Wiki.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts