Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have modified the rocker shafts as per the posts I found here the only problem is I cant remember when I reistall the shafts do I put the worn side down towards the head or up. ( getting old memory is fading )

·
Registered
309 Posts
Be careful if you`re mixing`n`matching rocker components - you could end up with no oil flow to the bushes if incompatible parts are used.

If you`ve added grooves to your shafts i think you`ll have to plug up the original oil delivery hole in the middle of the shaft and then provide an oil escape drilling in the centre of the rocker arm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Be careful if you`re mixing`n`matching rocker components - you could end up with no oil flow to the bushes if incompatible parts are used.

If you`ve added grooves to your shafts i think you`ll have to plug up the original oil delivery hole in the middle of the shaft and then provide an oil escape drilling in the centre of the rocker arm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I have done all this we have gotten a little off topic I am reinstalling the old shafts that I have modified and the rockers that I have modified I am moving the shafts from one side of the heads to the other so I have a good surface that is not worn.I am really just asking when I reinstall the shafts do I put the worn side down towards the heads or up. I should have just marked the shafts and I wouldn't be going through this.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Same as my first reply: the side with the wear goes up when replacing.

The pushrod exerts force onto the rocker arm as it is forced upwards by the cam.

The rocker arm tends to be pushed upwards against the shaft before it starts to rotate so the wear takes place on the underneath of the shaft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts