Honda CX 500 Forum banner

MN Spring Ride XVI - June 3, 2023

3K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  Randall-in-Mpls 
#1 · (Edited)
MN Spring Ride XVI
The 16th annual Twin Cities Spring Ride and Barbecue will be Saturday, June 3, 2023.

I'm looking at the St Croix valley, once again. This year, we'll go north on the Minnesota side, cross the river to Danbury, then south on the Wisconsin side.

Proposed Itinerary (This may change after the pre-Ride):
8:00 Muster at the Kwik Trip #111 in Oak Park Heights.
8:20 - 10:00 Segment 1 Oak Park Heights to Rush City (64.5 miles, 1:40)
Map Parallel Font Slope

If anyone wants to stop at Denis Kirk while we're in Rush City, peel off as we enter town, then rejoin us at Kwik Trip.
I suggest you pre-order for a quick pickup. There's not much shopping to do there, other than a few display helmets to try on.

10:00 - 11:00 Fuel / rest stop at Kwik Trip #592 in Rush City
11:00 - 12:30 Segment 2 Rush City to Danbury, WI (61.3 miles, 1:30)
Ecoregion Map Line Parallel Atlas

12:30 - 1:30 Fuel / lunch stop at BP in Danbury, WI
Lunch will probably be at Log Cabin Store & Eatery connected to our fuel stop.
There are a couple other options in town. We'll investigate on the preview ride. If anyone knows the area, I welcome your input.

1:30 - 2:55 Segment 3 Danbury to Dresser, WI (60.6 miles, 1:25)
Map Line Parallel Slope Screenshot

2:55 - 3:25 Fuel / rest stop at BP in Dresser, WI
(We stopped here on the infamous, rain-soaked Ride to Grantsburg.)
3:25 - 5:00 Segment 4 Dresser to St Anthony, MN (51.8 miles, 1:35)
Map Line Parallel Atlas Electric blue

We'll finish with the traditional cook-out at my house.

Please invite your riding friends, regardless of mark, and bring your non-riding family to the Barbecue.
Can't make the ride? Join us at the Barbecue.

CHANGE: The preview ride will be May 20th. Anyone is welcome, but I make no promises for a smooth day. This is working out the bugs, after all.

The GPX file is here for those who want it:

Watch this space for further updates.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Please let me know if you plan to attend the ride and/or barbecue, plus any guests.

Attending
Dobie in Maplewood
Ike-adelic
Johnste1960
Owenstanley
Randall-in-Mpls
TheValk
(+1?)

Maybe

Regrets
Kawazywingr
Thumper

#4 ·
Im down for an attend at this point, but need to check my schedule to make sure. I will let you know if there are any conflicts, Normally there is nothing on it, but have been talking about a couple other items this summer and I cant remember the dates at thsi point.

Reactions: Randall-in-Mpls
#8 ·
Based on Dobie's recommendation to avoid downtown Stillwater after Memorial Day, I've moved the start location a couple miles west. There's a brand new Kwik Trip at Hwy 36 and Stillwater Blvd.
See Post #1.

Reactions: kawazywingr
#12 ·
I've added my proposed itinerary. It's subject to change, of course, after pre-riding to check travel times. Google and Garmin disagree.

Reactions: TheValk
#13 ·
HEADS UP! I'm pushing the pre-Ride back to 5/27.

#16 ·
The pre-Ride might be going back to 5/20. I'll know tomorrow night.
Apologies for the ambiguity, but that's the nature of the pre-Ride.

#15 ·
Sorry to hear that, Dave, but you've got your priorities right. Enjoy the time with you family.

Reactions: Thumper
#17 ·
HEADS UP! The pre-Ride is back on 5/20 -- this Saturday. Gather at 8:00, as noted above.
The bike I was hoping to buy this weekend was sold this morning.

#19 ·
Don't overtax it. You need to be good in two weeks.

#20 ·
Just saw this post and unfortunately I will be on vacation that week. But Melody planned a week of camping in Waupaca Wisconsin.

#21 ·
Oh by the way facebook keeps reminding me of past twin rides that happened this weekend. Usually showing a map of rain the day before, during or after the ride. I'm in the UP this weekend for my brothers birthday and we saw 3 enduro pack bikes from minnesota and Melody said that looks about right for now. Cold and wet. But most of the snow is melted.

#22 ·
Sorry we'll miss you, Don. Have a good time camping.

#23 ·
The pre-Ride went well today.
There's one change I'll need to make in the last segment. The left turn into cross traffic onto Myrtle Avenue would be brutal with the group.
Many thanks to Isaac, Joe, Will, Charlie, Eric, and Anne for coming along.

#26 ·
Bump.
1 week to the Spring Ride. Sign up now!

#27 ·
Friends, Due to a family medical emergency I am unable to make the ride this year. Have a great ride, keep the shiny side uo.

Steve

#28 ·
Oh, no!
Prayers that everything comes out well.

#29 ·
If anyone is planning to stop at Dennis Kirk tomorrow, I strongly encourage you to pre-order tonight for a fast pick up.
I will not be stopping the group at Dennis Kirk. We'll wait for you at the gas station.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.