Honda CX 500 Forum banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I've had leg cramps before but the delayed reaction and severity took me by surprise. So it seems I wasn't the only one.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Dave, I remember at Wyoming stop Randall came by sweating & repeating his mantra of hydrate-you said it seemed to be getting a little cooler & he said that can be a early warning sign-you seemed fine to me & we kinda laughed-maybe it was warning.
Paul
Yes, feeling cooler is a sign of a heat injury. I had some experiences (not personally) while playing Army in 120+ degree heat. I'm glad cramping is all the heat amounted to, it was quite a hot day.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Did you guys have success connecting all the Senas and Cardos together? I am just curious. I don't really plan to ever ride with a large group where everyone is connected. I enjoy my solitude while on a bike. When I'm on a trip with my dad I find it very handy and safe to be connected but we do very little chatter while riding.

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", '83 GL650, '82 GL500 Project "AdventureWing", '79 CX500C, '78 CX500 Scrambler
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
We got a couple Senas linked into the Cardo network, but they dropped as soon as we started moving. When Thumper and I tested it walking down the street, the range seemed pretty good. Maybe emi from the engines degraded the signal enough to make it drop.

·
Premium Member
'82 GL500 '83 GL650 '21 RoyalEnfield INT650
2,202 Posts
Did you guys have success connecting all the Senas and Cardos together? I am just curious. I don't really plan to ever ride with a large group where everyone is connected. I enjoy my solitude while on a bike. When I'm on a trip with my dad I find it very handy and safe to be connected but we do very little chatter while riding.
There was little chatter. The main interactions were when the back of 22 bikes was caught at a light or intersection or when a truck or car got in our line. It really lent to safety and absolutely nobody getting lost. Of course, the lead and the tail was the biggest reason the ride was so smooth and all of Randall's pre-ride work.

·
Registered
1982 GL500 81 BMW R100 2010 HD E-GLIDE
611 Posts
That beautiful Black 650 CX is for ale on Mpls C/L this morn "1983 CX650 CUSTOM"
Don't think he took ride just at meeting in Plymouth
Paul

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I was back with Thumper so didn't see him-but the point is -it is for sale on C/L
Paul
I am soooo tempted. If I had it in the bank!

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I talked to him at length before the ride, he arrived soon after I did, he did a frame off restore, with rechroming and other good stuff, don't remember all the details.

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
And to think I was in my truck in air conditioning driving up north while you guys were riding. Glad you all had fun minus some cramping. Really wish I could have joined you.

201 - 213 of 213 Posts