Honda CX 500 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
On the GL650 on the right side near the foot brake lever there is a little spring loaded actuator that turns on the brake light. Use a pair of needle nose pliers and make sure it moves freely, it might be stuck. On the CX it is on the left side but yours should be on the right.
Thanks. I loosened the nut and tightened that spring. I am sure that caused it. I was trying to see if I could make some space between the brake lever and the exhaust guard.

I'm getting off work a little early to work on it. I REALLY want to go on this ride and not just the BBQ.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Lee, if you cannot get the pedal straightened you can borrow the pedal from my GL650

·
Registered
354 Posts
Randall, I will see you at 7:30

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am a maybe
Just got done reading about your mini tour. Unfortunately the CX650 I got for a donor motor would have needed too much work to be road worthy, so if I'm there it'll be on my chopper
Please let me know if you plan to attend, and I'll update the list here. Thanks.
With the change of date, please reconfirm your status.

Attending
Anne (off-forum friend, on my pillion)
Ben (off-forum friend, Anne's brother)
Dobie
+1?
Fafnir
Kawazywingr
Randall-in-Mplts
Thumper
Waltre
WayneDW

Maybe
April 2007 (barbecue)

DavidfromWisconsin
Ike-adelic
Mike (off-forum friend)
TheValk

Regrets
Grunt
John (co-worker)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Lee, if you cannot get the pedal straightened you can borrow the pedal from my GL650
I texted. Will call when I am home.

Randall, Maybe I should start at your house? I'll know tonight. Will talk to Dave/Kwazy

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Randall, Steve and Dave,

Steve, I got the brake light working. The brake pedal isn't binding now. Thanks for the offer of the loan.

Dave/Thumper and Randall: I'll meet up with the group who are riding to Belle Plane with Randall. 15 minutes down 35W from me. I'll be at Randall's before 7;30am.

I guess we might get rained on in the afternoon. Might keep us cool.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My mission has failed. I managed to get it all together but on my shakedown run I am getting a very steady leak of coolant from the weephole. Enough that I’m sitting in a little cloud of coolant haze at stop lights. So no ride for me tomorrow. I will try to make it to the barbecue, enjoy the ride everyone!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Didn't make it today. The ride almost literally came by my back yard. Familiar routes, but easily accessible. Next time for sure... :) What other rides happen?

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
A good outing, despite a little rain. No mishaps, no gravel, good company.
My thanks to all who came out to play in the road today. Your presence makes all the effort worthwhile.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
What a blast! Thanks Randell for organizing, researching the ride and hosting the BBQ in your back yard. You are proof a single person can make a big difference!
. Great to meet everyone and make new friends. My GL650 performed well and is ready for trips. I just need to do a shake down with all my travel gear in place. Thanks to David in Appleton for this bike!

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
The BBQ is the Cherry On Top of a perfect day! Please thank your wife and daughters.

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
We started with eight riders on seven bikes -- a BMW, a Goldwing, a GL500I, a GL650, a Kawasaki Vulcan, and two CX500s.

In Mankato, TheValk joined us on his BMW GS, to be swapped for his Goldwing when we reached New Ulm.

At the Kaiserhoff in New Ulm. Good German food!

A passerby offered to take a group photo.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts