Honda CX 500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I'm in. Like the revisions, agree with a little backtracking in segment 3 and segment 4 much more scenic. Good job, Randall.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I'm in. Like the revisions, agree with a little backtracking in segment 3 and segment 4 much more scenic. Good job, Randall.
Thanks for the ride @Thumper! I road to Dave's and I followed him to Belle Plane. Shake down ride. I did lose a handlebar fastener to my Slipstreamer windscreen. Will replace it from one off the GL500. Happy to take care of that before Saturday.

GL650 hummed. 5,400RPM at 65mph.
Looking forward to Saturday!

Reactions: Randall-in-Mpls

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks for the ride @Thumper! I road to Dave's and I followed him to Belle Plane. Shake down ride. I did lose a handlebar fastener to my Slipstreamer windscreen. Will replace it from one off the GL500. Happy to take care of that before Saturday.

GL650 hummed. 5,400RPM at 65mph.
Looking forward to Saturday!
I had hoped to have my own GL650 ready for the Ride, but I keep finding things that need to be addressed. Best not to rush through it.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I had hoped to have my own GL650 ready for the Ride, but I keep finding things that need to be addressed. Best not to rush through it.
Let's have a ride to celebrate completion!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Is everyone planning on riding their CX/GL's or something different?

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm just curious. Since I'm still in the Black Hills and riding some side by side trails, I really have the urge to break out the BMW when I get home.

Thinking of saving the Silverwing's tires for an annual September ride with friends. The rear is getting a bit worn and I may let a friend ride the Goldwing for that one.

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I've uploaded the GPX file for anyone who wants it in their navigator.

I contacted the Kaiserhoff yesterday to warn them of our visit. Per the latest executive order, we'll each need a face mask for moving around inside the restaurant. We can take them off after we're seated. They have a large dining room to spread us out.

It will be cooler than last week, but still hot. Bring some water.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I've uploaded the GPX file for anyone who wants it in their navigator.
Do you have a google map with all the sections in one map? I uploaded the GPX to my maps, but it only gives an image of the trip.

Thanks!

Lee

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Thinking of saving the Silverwing's tires for an annual September ride with friends. The rear is getting a bit worn and I may let a friend ride the Goldwing for that one.
My tires on my GL650 have about 200 miles on them. See you on he Beemer!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Please let me know if you plan to attend, and I'll update the list here. Thanks.
With the change of date, please reconfirm your status.

Attending
Anne (off-forum friend, on my pillion)
Ben (off-forum friend, Anne's brother)
Dobie
+1?
Fafnir
Kawazywingr
Randall-in-Mplts
Thumper
Waltre
WayneDW

Maybe
April 2007 (barbecue)
DavidfromWisconsin

Ike-adelic
Mike (off-forum friend)
TheValk

Regrets
Grunt
John (co-worker)
My status remains the same-should be able to short visit in evening.
Paul

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
My Friday off work has disappeared. I'm still hoping I can make the ride. I've got my engine installed and exhaust hooked up as far as the H-box. Still need to hook up the carbs, mufflers, install radiator, tank, and fairing. Fire it up and check for leaks and such and hope for the best. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can at least cut out of work early tomorrow and try to get that all completed before the night is done.

Is there a group gathering to ride down to the muster point?

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Sheesh. My foot brake started sticking all the sudden on the way home from work.. I think it was dropped on the right side sometime and the brake pedal was bent toward the exhaust guard. I loosened it by the back end of the foot pedal and tightened and now the brake light stays on. I searched the forum and I will look at the brake light adjustment on the shifter side tomorrow. Get off from work a little early so I can do it.

I plan on meeting Thumper Saturday morning to travel with him to the rally point. Thumper, If I don't get the bike fixed, I''l call you Friday evening.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
On the GL650 on the right side near the foot brake lever there is a little spring loaded actuator that turns on the brake light. Use a pair of needle nose pliers and make sure it moves freely, it might be stuck. On the CX it is on the left side but yours should be on the right.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts