Honda CX 500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
One of our Early Election Deputies tested positive for Covid on Friday. Took out 2 or 3 other Judges that were in close contact with her (quarantine for 2 weeks.) The measure was "Were you within 6 feet of her for over 15 minutes?" I was not, but I got tested today at CVS in Edina. I'll be working overtime to fill the gap.
Won't know if I can get away on Saturday. I'll do my best to make the BBQ.
OK. I hope we see you at the barbecue.

Registered
I hope you all have a great ride. I'm a bit bummed to miss it, but I'll be out having fun in the Black Hills (in a Prius with the family not a bike).

Registered
Black Hills was always a favorite when my kids were little, more wildlife per square mile by far than the Rockies.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
SPRING RIDE REDUX moving to 8/1
I thought Thumper and I had appeased the rain gods during the preview ride, but the forecast for Saturday is looking grim.
I'm pushing the Ride out a week to August 1st. I don't think anyone is coming from out of town, so it shouldn't disrupt too many plans.
Please reconfirm your status regarding the new date.

My apologies for the late notice.
Randall

Registered
That's okay with me, it will be hot Sat. anyway. Funny thing, during our ride thru that hurricane the rain literally blasted the paint off of my HONDA nameplate, the one under the headlight. I had to repaint it.

Premium Member
Sorry, I'll start a new thread

Premium Member
Randall
Have you changed the rally point yet at the original directions?

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Folks on the Facebook GL group have been seeing a lot of CX/GLs for sale in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Are we over represented in the family and if so, why do you think it is so?
Someone mentioned our long winter's keeping mileage low and making them last longer here.
What do you think?
Why is this in the Spring Ride thread?

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
Randall
Have you changed the rally point yet at the original directions?
The mustering point will move to the east side of the highway. It will make our launch a little easier.
I took the day off for Ride prep (and my birthday), so I'll try to get those updates out today.

Premium Member
Thanks!
Happy Birthday Randall!!

Reactions: Randall-in-Mpls

Premium Member
The mustering point will move to the east side of the highway. It will make our launch a little easier.
Would Corbin's Express be a good mustering point?

Registered
I just got the medical all clear, so I will be there

Reactions: Randall-in-Mpls

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
I've updated the Ride info in the initial post. Please review.

Premium Member
We had someone test positive for Covid-19 last week at work. 4 workers had to quarantine for 2 weeks.
Good news! I got tested and my results came today and I tested negative. So I will be able to make the full ride and BBQ
I texted Thumper about riding to the Rally Point with him. He is on my way.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts